Minera

New User Thread

Hello,

I just learned about chainmaille recently and have been doing a lot of research on it, as well as bought my 16 gu galvy from Lowe's and practicing a few of the basic weaves. I have a lot to learn still, but the realm of sterling silver jewelry fascinates me. I hope to learn a lot in the coming weeks from all you friendly folks here on these forums.

I was lurking sometime ago..which will teach me :sigh:. I had to hang up my chainmaille for about a year, only due to multiple elbow/wrist surgeries, but, with a lot of hard work, I am starting up again. Plus I have some friends that are bugging me for new jewelry :) I have learned so much from the forums. I hope to get some of my pieces posted as soon as I find the pictures of them =)

First time actually visiting this forum. I have been active on M.A.I.L for a few months. Though I have purchased regularly from TRL thought I should come join another forum LOL.

I've been making maille jewelry since November 2007, I do mainly custom orders for friends & some via the internet. So far all of my work is in galvy or bright or anodized aluminum but after seeing some of the photos of niobium I'll definitely be expanding very very soon!

BTW everyone calls me frawg or frog...just a nickname long story as to how it originated...I have myspace and am almost always on yahoo messenger so feel free to find me.

I have been buying my rings from TRL for about a year now. I have to confess, its easier than cutting them myself.

I have been making chainmaille for about 15 years now, but just started to sell items at some local craft shows and farmers markets. (I had too much inventory and had too do something with it as well as needed to pay for my hobby!!)

Hi everyone. New forum member here.

Did some chainmail armor for renfests awhile back, then dropped the hobby until just recently where I've started back up again with jewelry.

Had a client who makes jewelry ask me for some graphics for her site, so I started doing some research and found this place....got me intrigued, and I started reproducing some of the weaves in Bryce.....now I am hooked! I have made some images and placed them on my deviant art site, http://thedarknesscalls420.deviantart.com and will soon be ordering some supplies to try my hand at the real thing!

Hello, just starting out. My current goal is making a necklace for my girlfriend. I picked up a couple of kits at Hobby lobby last weekend, and I'm hooked. Glad to finally find something for my hands to work with that doesn't involve a computer.

Hey Guys,

I am extremely new mailler. I have been messing around with it for about a year but have not shared anything with anybody. I am currently finding myself with some free time and been making stuff for friends and family. I just wanted to share my stuff with real pros. Ya'll are an inspiration to a beginner like me.

Joey