GabhaFocal

Orgaization

I'm trying to come up with a better way to keep all my chainmaille supplies, tools and findings.  Right now it's all half-hazardly shoved into boxes.  I was wondering what everyone does to organize their supplies, and if you could give me ideas.  Thanks!

I use plastic organizers. I have probably 30 that I have collected over the years to hold my supplies.

My favorite ones I got from home depot like this one made by DEWALT...  image.png.e822a6a51a0a0951975d7718189a7175.png

I keep it pretty simple. Large freezer bags for each type of metal, with smaller bags to sub-divide by gauge, size, and colour. The lot go in a plastic storage tub. For larger numbers of rings, as in the ones I use for armour, they go into large coffee cans that are labelled for size, gauge, and material.

I have a tool rack for my pliers, I use a lot of 2x3 or 3x3 zip bags for kits and materials purchased from a drug supply company. 

For bulk rings and such specimen cups from a lab supply are cheap. 

When it comes to zip bags and such Bulk discounts apply, it maybe worth seeing if someone local can split the order. 

Last time around 10K  zip bags was right around $45 including shipping. Beats $3 per 100 at the local craft shop. 

Yoghurt containers -- with their lids.  No prob labeling them with a Sharpie.

All the tools all in one spot.  Mailler tools, except for the power drill for coiling your own from wire, fit in the tray of a toolbox; the power drill fits in the box itself.