Morvandium

How do you store your supplies?

A while ago i was ebaying things and needed grip seal/ziplock bags to keep things together while posted and stupidly orderd 1000 :( so my maile ends up being kept in them and just put onto a shelf, thinking of getting jars for the heavy stuff though, bags tend to not to hold up too long if u drop a pound of jagged steel into them

I use Stanley ZIp boxes they come in 3 sizes.... as well i made myself a few custom sized slotted trays of SS316 and they slide into a unit i made for my shop... as well i have a shwag load of Papco boxes.... after inventory last year i found i have 1763 varieties of screws..... Pizza pie.

Similar to Czar, I store mine in a drawer inside prescription medication bottles, my neighbor is a pharmacist and they click when they are closed. The safety cap keeps them from pouring out everywhere when I throw stuff around the way I do + the lid can be poured into as a reservoir for rings you are using which keeps me from sticking my fingers in the evey 5 seconds. For Ba I use clear TINY siplck bags to distinguish color and plave them inside a tuberware storage container dawer stackable thingy .

Generally, for my self-wound rings, I have a desk to keep it all on since it's not a full-time deal for me. But since I'm where I am, I found that ziplock baggies are the best for my situation. This way, I can carry the rings and piece I'm working on between the CHU and the hangar in my right cargo pocket, and my pliers in the same thighpocket. Works out wonderfully for me.

When I'm working on my scale, I'll bring a small but very heavy backpack.

Rings:

Small ones, or small amounts (16g 5/16 and smaller) go into ziplock bags, which go into a tin

Big ones go into pill containers or glass mason jars

Large amounts go into gallon size ziplocks, and I work out of those usually

Scales:

Same as small rings

Wire:

Stays on spools until coiled/cut

Coils:

Strewn all over the computer room floor, and in the garage.

Pliers/cutters:

most of them make it to the tackle box, but occasionally, they won't.

~Brian

I guess I am one of those Irsih/scott/english Drunks lol J/k

I use Crown Royal Bags. I must say they work really well. I can keep my pliers in them too. Coils, they sit in a girl scout cookie box(the big "case" one)

Anyway, Yes I earned(the bottle is now empty) my Crown Royal bag too.:beer: Just in case someone is curious. Happy Mailing :D

Here is one to consider...http://www.craftsetc.com/store/item.aspx?ItemId=64365&dep=10&cat=92&subcat=5&Search=Y

Click the option for a larger view. It's portable, has compartments for small projects you might want to work on while out and the easel portion could easily work as a weaving loom with the addition of hooks evenly spaced at the top. In many way, it's a nice easy traveling case that has a certain charm.

I have seriously though about getting one of these for when the wife and I travel. I can take enough supplied for a couple of necklaces, braclets or earrings plus two sets of pliers, one round nose, digital caliper and my small wire cutter for 18g and higher. With a few premade springs or previously cut jumprings all I would need to finish it out is a few baubles of beads, gems, cab stones and clasps.

I use a grey industrial draw unit with four drawers in it. I bought the unit at a local hardware store. If I have to store more rings than what fits in them, then I need to get busy. I can store rings, wire, tools, and I can shelve magazines on top of it.

I wish I'd known before you bought it, those things are crap! My canvas bag didn't last a week before it started tearing, and the compartment lids can tear and/or warp easily. It's too bad because Craftmates usually is the best in my opinion.

The 7-sided circular organizers however are excellent!

I worked in a Michaels craft store for about a year or so, & you are too correct that those things are crap we sold about 100 or them + or - that is but all of them were returned w/ complaints about 1 thing or another. But what I was thinking about using (I haven't started by the way) was those small item seperation bins that you can find @ your local hardware store 'cause I do alot of leather work & use them to store needles & findings for my leather work & they are perfect for that, the link shows you an idea of what I am talking about, http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?action=productDetail&productId=88206-941-C1322-14&lpage=none

I have been using the craftmates containers and I also got the carrying bag. I have kept the bag preety packed with finished pieces and my containers and haven't had a problem with anythign breaking. My only problem is I don't know how to store my finished pieces (which are pretty much only jewelry).

Because I do all work at home (carrying a whole shirt around with me is difficult) I store all my stuff in plastic containers now - small ones like what you use for crackers or sandwiches, as well as two large jars for the 3/8" BA I have for armour. Plus an old case with dividers that my sister used to use for beads - its great for the smaller rings I've made.

I used to have them all in the plastic bags they were shipped in because I lacked proper storage. A trip to a dollar store fixed that. :)

Tool storage is easy - my pliers and cutters go on a shelf above my desk, and my hand-crank for making coils goes on top of a dresser in my closet...

Its much simpler when you don't need to keep it all mobile.

flambeau collapsible tackle box... the large one, has a bunch of plastic compartmentable containers in it, tool storage, is awsome, and only about 60 bucks canadian

come summertime, I'll be using Baby food jars haha!!

I WAS using Tic Tac boxes (which are GREAT for portability), but I saw one of these the other day and remembered some of the people at the last TX gather had them so I decided to try one. So far I like it a lot. I work mostly in 20 gauge or less and the compartments seem to be holding them just fine without mixing.