Vidar

Lighting boxes for photos

Well, I came across a great deal at a store yesterday. I'll put the link up below to the item...

Anyway, it's a light box that is all self contained in a carrying case and comes with 2 studio lights and a mini tripod. Was a pretty good deal. Will be playing with it later today...

http://www.factorydirect.ca/catalog/product_spec.php?pcode=SA0101

Of course the Mississauga location is 'Sold Out'... *grumble*

Maybe I'll drive out to Brampton later in the day... At that price though, it's worth it even if I use it twice. :D

That is the EXACT set up I use. My photo's come out alright with it :D

'Cept I went to a super Wal-mart and spent $50. Plus tax. Plus driving all around town trying to find one. I can go on......

*runs away to cry* :(

~Angie

:eek: I'm with you Ang, except I bought mine off ebay, and with exchange and shipping, ended up spending nearly a hundred! For the exact same thing!

*grabs some beer and runs to catch up with Ang* :beer:

I bought two "natural light" lamps at a Big Lots for $2 each, a goosneck lamp and a white sheet at the thrift store for $1, a CFL bulb for $2, and built my box frame from scrap wood I had laying around.

Not bad for less than $10. :D

^^^^^^

Strobist is the bomb!

If you guys want to learn huge amounts about lighting with cheap, portable equipment, Strobist is the holy grail.

Heck, I use a lot of their cheap hack ideas but apply them to $$$ studio lights because it's quicker, easier, and cheaper than doing it right!

^^^^^^

Strobist is the bomb!

If you guys want to learn huge amounts about lighting with cheap, portable equipment, Strobist is the holy grail.

Heck, I use a lot of their cheap hack ideas but apply them to $$$ studio lights because it's quicker, easier, and cheaper than doing it right!

Thanks Ty, I was looking for ideas on how to make one of these that had more than "cut out a box and cover it in tissue paper". Has pictures, and a video. For those of us that over estimated how much money we were going to drop into mailleing... this helps out for pictures until we can afford a 'professional' set up.