Bernice Daniels

New Products - niobium ear wires, copper clasps etc

I've just added a few new items - some don't even have pics yet - I'm working on that.

Niobium Ear Wires

JSEAR-Niobium.jpg

http://theringlord.com/cart/shopdisplayproducts.asp?id=78&cat=Other+Findings

Nickel Free Ear Posts and Backs

jspost-nf_TN.jpgJSEARBACK_TN.jpg

http://theringlord.com/cart/shopdisplayproducts.asp?id=78&cat=Other+Findings

Solid Copper Lobster Clasps - 12mm and 15mm

http://theringlord.com/cart/shopdisplayproducts.asp?id=169&cat=Clasps

JSLC-copper-12.jpg

Fine Silver Chain

JSchain-ES-NonTarnishSilver.jpg

http://theringlord.com/cart/shopdisplayproducts.asp?id=186&cat=Cable+Chain

Scrap Strip and discs from the Anodized aluminum scales

ZDISC-AAPURPLE_TN.jpgZDISC-AAPINK_TN.jpgZDISC-AAGOLD_TN.jpgZDISC-AAGREEN_TN.jpgZDISC-AABLACK-SMALL_TN.jpgZDISC-AAORANGE_TN.jpgZDISC-AARED_TN.jpg

ZSCRAP-AA-SAMPLER_TN.jpg

http://theringlord.com/cart/shopdisplayproducts.asp?id=12&cat=Specials+and+Closeouts

Larger 4in1 Welded Stainless Fabric. This is 21g 3/16" ID

FSS21316_TN.jpg

http://theringlord.com/cart/shopdisplayproducts.asp?id=95&cat=Sheets+of+Maille

We also added a split ring to go with the now medium sizes FSS22532 stainless mesh and some square stainless 18g 5/32" sized rings.

Just out of curiousity, what do people usually do with the scrap discs of aluminum? My mind is telling me I can make something with them, but I'm not sure what lol. Thanks.

whatever you like - there are no rules. My brain says confetti when I look at them.

Some people have drilled them and used them like dance belt coins - but these ones are smaller.

Just out of curiousity, what do people usually do with the scrap discs of aluminum? My mind is telling me I can make something with them, but I'm not sure what lol. Thanks.

with some intelligent ring sizing, they could be the coolest ever chainmaille hacky sack filling...

Surrrrrreeee. Ya post this 12 hours after I place a $200.00 order. :)

Oh well, if the commission I working on comes through I might be needing to order again soon anyway.

Leatherwig - My thoughts exactly! Only I just got an almost $300 today, and am scheduled for delivery of one for half that tomorrow! :mad::)

Ok, now I'm over it. VBG

Now,... where can I scrape up some money for a new order?

A shopping I must go,

A shopping I must go,

High ho, The Ring Lord,

A shopping I must go!:D

You know, for us outlanders that coin doesn't say a thing about the size for me. I know measure tapes aren't that pretty, but even a tape that shows inches gives me more feeling about size while I work with the metric system.

Or a business card...

You know, for us outlanders that coin doesn't say a thing about the size for me. I know measure tapes aren't that pretty, but even a tape that shows inches gives me more feeling about size while I work with the metric system.

Or a business card...

I'll keep that in mind. I do list the sizes in mm and inches in the description. A US and a CA dime are the same size, but I forgot European money is strange...;)

I'll keep that in mind. I do list the sizes in mm and inches in the description. A US and a CA dime are the same size, but I forgot European money is strange...;)

A dime is almost exactly the same size as a new British 5 pence piece (18mm Dia.) and roughly the same size as a Euro 2 Cent coin (18.75mm Dia.)

The European variants weigh more :D But that's another story.

You'll never appease the world market, but if you listed these somewhere it may help...

Edited to add:

Canadian Dime is 18mm Dia. as is it's US Cousin

*puts Calipers away now*

Any word on when you'll have more copper clasps in stock?

we always start new products as a test when we buy them. These sold well so we will be getting more. It will not be for a couple months though.

If I may make an objective comment and inquiry...

The larger welded mesh looks... like something an amateur threw together. Welds look poor and sloppy, rings look significantly deformed. It looks ugly, and at a large AR it's obvious.

I know there are challenges associated with making larger automated mesh. The "stapling" of the machines to pre-form them into rings is much more visible on larger rings. The weld time is probably a significant issue. Closures look like they just barely got lined up...

... is this a prototype you expect to improve on later, or, is the 21G mesh pretty much as good as it is going to get, take it or leave it? I like the smaller mesh, but I think I would be a bit embarrassed to give or sell a product to a customer that I used that mesh to make, so, wondering about where that line is headed.

If I may make an objective comment and inquiry...

The larger welded mesh looks... like something an amateur threw together. Welds look poor and sloppy, rings look significantly deformed. It looks ugly, and at a large AR it's obvious.

I know there are challenges associated with making larger automated mesh. The "stapling" of the machines to pre-form them into rings is much more visible on larger rings. The weld time is probably a significant issue. Closures look like they just barely got lined up...

... is this a prototype you expect to improve on later, or, is the 21G mesh pretty much as good as it is going to get, take it or leave it? I like the smaller mesh, but I think I would be a bit embarrassed to give or sell a product to a customer that I used that mesh to make, so, wondering about where that line is headed.

The appearance is a byproduct of the way the rings are formed with the staple method. The fabric is geared toward commercial purposes - not ring snobs like us. I don't think places like Northrop Grumman care that their rings aren't round. The welds are fine and are tested.