Shiz

New Style of very inexpensive "Rings"

Can you imagine doing some kind of inlay with these? That would be so awesome! I am *definitely* planning some kind of wall hanging for these... :D

That was the first thing I thought of too!

Shiz

I would buy some, but a minimum order or 10 bags is too expensive--especially without a definite project in mind. Any chance of a mixed color assortment and a smaller minimum order in the not too distant future?

When you do bring up the non-anodized ones, will you tumble them? sharp edges make it a less then appealing shirt material.

other then that, bah my order shipped few days before you posted this. :sigh: first thing I thought of was a curtain to hang on my bed

I am playing with tumbling these but if will provide them tumbled the price would go up by a buck or so a pound. Stilll cheap - we currently are selling these at 1/2 the cost of the material.

~shrug~ I've got a bench grinder.

Still, play with them all you like. TRL has the unique pleasure of being (one of) the only source(s) willing to actually cater to its clientele, rather than dictating to them what they like.

Me? I'm just waiting around to see what you'll think of next. ^_^

Have you considered making protective screens out of these? It'd be inexpensive (if I were to sell it it'd be less than $4.25 / square foot as compared to ~$14 / sqaure foot of the 3/16" machine made mesh).

I am looking into screens made by connecting these plates with welded rings using the seaming machine for our 21G 3/16 mesh. While its cheaper then most made made fabric it still more expensive then machine made mesh - looking at about $15 per sq ft. The plates are worth $0.67 per sq ft but the person running the seaming machine is the big expense - 440 welded stainless rings per sq ft.

I think I made a math error someplace. Yeah, I come out with a much larger $ / foot than my original $4 / foot. By the way, are y'all going to start selling some 21ga. 3/16" rings to go along with your mesh and would you consider making me a special batch with an overlap of around 0.05"?