Motorcyclemama

Take a look here for your work!

am I not in the right place? His photogallery seems to only have one picture.

Nevermind, I found it. Yeah he's a rip off.

I love the Irony of a "reverand" ripping people off.

http://reverendrobertsheppard.webs.com/apps/photos/photo?photoid=39302458 "this was difficult"...."we were given free creative licence to design it the way we wished and wow it turned out wonderfull."

First of all....grammar....then spelling....and oh wait, is this not Apoc's? Maybe I am wrong.....

I see your stuff MM and some of Legba's and a few others....not very smart of him.

Wow... brazen. Makes you wonder what goes through people's heads. Motorcyclemama, I assume you've asked him to remove the pics? Hopefully if enough of the owners contact him, he'll take everything down and try posting his own stuff (if he has any!)

I emailed and asked that my photo which was used without permission to be removed...

This was the reply I got!

please be advised that though i may have used your picture i have officially made each piece that is shown. my pictures were not the best so i borrowed the best.

there was never any intent to vulgarize your work and no disrespect intended.

let me know which picture and i'll do my best to remove it for now.

Sincerly

Reverend Sheppard.

p.s. though most of us metal knitters are territorial i would appreciate a change in the tone directed at an honest mistake .

HOW CAN LIFTING PICTURES WITHOUT BOTHERING TO ASK PERMISSION BE AN HONEST MISTAKE?!?!?

I'm hoping from the grammar and simple stupidity that this person is a 12 year old kid, but you just never know!

So I responded -

It's simply rude to use a picture on your website in folder marked as "Some of what we make"

without pointing out that you didn't MAKE what you are advertising.

I don't think my tone is unreasonable asking you to remove my work from your website.

Chainmailler and artists in general do not like seeing their work in places they didn't give permission for it to be used.

The byzantine photo with my business name is the photo I expect to see removed.

The response I got back?

it is with a sad heart that i find you to be both rude and boorish dear .

my answer to you is a large NO

LOL - So this rude and boorish dear will simply have to cry in my pillow tonight... Little does the moron realize that he is giving me FREE ADVERTISING on his website by leaving my company name on it! Stupid people continue to amaze me.

I don't really care that my photo is there... it's free advertising really -- But I wasn't even RUDE -- I simply stated that I wanted my photo removed and this guy turned into a jerk!

Is it a 12 year old kid or some who just behaves like one?!?! lol

Well, I can barely access his site. None of the photos come up for me so far...but that's not too suprising. So much for "Reverend". I would have thought that implied honesty, integrity, morals...you know all that good stuff.

*edited to add:* I gotta admit, I love his lame tags for the photos. "Not Sure" "This was difficult" real discreptive. I sure would want to buy something labeled "Not Sure".

From the look of things, and please correct me if I'm wrong, he's simply using one of those freebie sites that allows you to post images. You just have to check a box saying you own the photos or have rights to them. If that's the case, heck yeah, I'd just report it to the provider that you are the legitimate owner of the photos, you have contacted the turd and asked him to remove them, but have been flatly refused. That should solve the problem.

Gaanon

I love the Irony of a "reverand" ripping people off.

Right, "reverand". Both my dear departed cat and myself are ordained ministers in the Universal Life Church.

He's actually in his 30's or 40's I think ... has a very high opinion of himself and very little in the way of useful social skills.

I expect I'll see him at a few shows in the next couple of months though ... there are only so many in the area, and I do them all :)

- Dunedon

"Difficult but worth the effors"? Really?

I'm a complete freaking newb compared to most of the people here but I could make that Celtic Cross in less than 30 minutes. EASILY. And Oriental 4-1? Also easy-mode. What a douche bag. I'll admit that a lot of the jewelry I've been doing has been influenced either a lot or entirely by work that I've seen posted here but I'm not about to snatch peoples' photos or say that the piece was all my idea when I advertise.

I also find it rather amusing that the guy hasn't bothered to remove the comments that are being left on the photos that have obviously been stolen.

I'd say report him to anyone that you can. If that doesn't work, then a molatov cocktail into his booth should do the trick =D

"Through the Metal Knitters Guild of Canada, Reverend Sheppard has been ranked 3rd in Ontario, and 5th in canada, for Design, Quality and Speed of products in this field. The diversity of ChainMaille is as boundless as the imagination of those who wear it."

Unfrigginbelievable, I think if I ever meet this guy *I'm going to be very nice to him, and definitely not do anything violent and/or antisocial because I'm just not that type of person.

The mind... it boggles. Have you seen the latest comments he's made on his photos?

"though this site was not condoned by me untill after it had been made, i still repremanded the culprit. please read the caption again and understand all efforts are being made to correct this mistake ."

You've gotta be effing kidding me! Good grief. Dunedon, let us know if you talk to this bonehead (heck, film it! Sure sounds like it'd be 'entertaining').

*shakes head*

The mind... it boggles. Have you seen the latest comments he's made on his photos?

"though this site was not condoned by me untill after it had been made, i still repremanded the culprit. please read the caption again and understand all efforts are being made to correct this mistake ."

You've gotta be effing kidding me! Good grief. Dunedon, let us know if you talk to this bonehead (heck, film it! Sure sounds like it'd be 'entertaining').

*shakes head*

LOL You caught that one too. "Sorry folks, it's my web site, but I didn't design it, so I can't be held responsible for the illegal content."

One question, how many members are there in this "Metal Knitters Guild of Canada"?

Can he dig a bigger hole?

My favorite quote is from "not sure" item #18 of 20 "this piece came about while trying to fix something else. we saw the photo else where and added it to our collection. "

Gaanon

Fictional? Or Factual? :rolleyes:

LOL Let's start off with IS there really such a guild?

Now for the fun stuff.... Bikini Duck, look out! Next thing you know this guy is going to be copying your Dragon Droppings!

I found this advertisment on his site. Yes, I know it's "random" based on statistics and all that...but still...

Gaanon

3326_thumb.attach

MAIL had an issue with a content thief recently. a second email stating, "the next email i send will be to your ISP for hosting stolen content." was enough to stop the back talk.

i bet he likes his little website more than any of you do.

kim

Looks like he wiped his "site" clean. Almost all of it is gone (not that there was much there in the first place).

This was good for a laugh, while it lasted.

:rolleyes:

One question, how many members are there in this "Metal Knitters Guild of Canada"?

Apparently a grand total of 3 in Ontario, with another 2 in the other provinces.

-phong

Unfrigginbelievable, I think if I ever meet this guy *I'm going to be very nice to him, and definitely not do anything violent and/or antisocial because I'm just not that type of person.

I am.... (when necessary) :cool:

Thanks everyone!

Looks like the guy got the point that our community doesn't accept such behavior!

Seeing as he said yesterday my photos weren't coming down to having his joke of a site wiped clean!

Some people.... *shakes head*