GreyHawkForge

Ren Faire Tents

I have to agree with Chainmailbill. I've had a 10x14 panther for 12yrs now and it has been amazing. It has held up to weather that has killed other period tents and is still going strong. IMHO forget the others, you can't go wrong with a panther.

The side walls are usualy held up with S hooks. they come off quickly with just a little work.

Price varys considerably depnding on size, material, and what extras you want.

Usualy you can cut the price costs a bit by providing your own poles, ropes, and stakes.

Depending on who you are buying from these items may not be included in the price.

As my friend is a Renn Fair Vet and has been doing this for longer then i can remember I trust his judgement when he told me 2 tents he sees and likes alot are the pantherprimitives, and tentsmiths. He even ownes his own tentsmith tent.

My wife and I are buying a 10x10 Center Pole Marquis from pantherprimitives, the tents for what they are are very reasonable in price 10.38 oz sunforger w/flame retardent started right around $860 without poles. poles i think cost like 350 more. You pay for any additions "color, scallop style, sod flap and so on" you want. But its definately worth it. The tent walls come off with little work.

Cheers! :beer:

I have a Panther 13x3 Marquis for my residence tent. got it used (actually, my wife bartered it for a maille codpiece, an AA purse and $100 cash), it was around 6 years old when I got it and around 11 years old now. I've got zero complaints about it. With very minimal, basic maintenance it has held up very well. The picture is the tent setup in our backyard the week that we got it. Yes, that's a queen-sized bed inside.

My sales tent I made. Got a 10x13 screen pavilion at the local Price Chopper grocery store seasonal section for about $100. Wife and MIL went to walmart and bought literally an armload of twin size flat sheets, which were then sewn together then sewn to the roofline.

This is the red and blue tent in the background of the second picture. (that's not me in the picture)

Total cost about $150.

3394_thumb.attach

3395_thumb.attach