Ninjafudo

Got my stainless steel scales today

Got my stainless steel scales today

I thought they would be shiny-er, thicker, and I thought there would be more of them. I got a few disks as well from the punch outs that didn't filter out. And they are quite greasy, I'm starting to think they are not a very good quality of stainless (because they will rust if left wet and it was necessary to put this film on them and in their bag), but I am glad they are at least creased and here. When they first came I thought maybe my order had gotten mixed up with regular mild steel scales. I think im gonna go over them with a polishing wheel to buff them up and make them look a little better. It should also be noted that I am quite picky and hard to please, so for people reading this, don't be too disheartened. I'll make sure to post pictures of my progress so people can see for themselves.

~Steve

Me and My girl rubbed about 40 or so of the scales down and after putting them together I'm feeling better about buying them. They do look shiney-er now and the buffing wheel on my dremmel didn't make that much of a noticeable difference, so I'm just going to rub them all down with a rag.

I was thinking about doing that, but It says the scales will rust if left exposed to water for awhile so I figure I would have to dry them individually anyways with a rag so I thought I would just do it dry from the start. I'm pretty happy about the way they look using just a rag.

I toss my scales in my vibratory tumbler with walnut shell, and about 2 capfuls (plus or minus 1/2 a cap) of NuFinish car polish. Makes a HUUUGE difference.

~Brian