Ninjafudo

Scale Mail Greave (singular)

Awesome man. You should make some Knee cops and rivet them to the leather. That would make them even more awesome. Maybe even adding to the bottom a bit wouldn't hurt. Awesome job again.

I really like these and i just wish i knew how to work with leather a little more than i would be following your lead here in no time. Greaves bracers and gloves are the only things i don't have as far as self made scale armor goes. If you can give me any pointers i would sure like that.

Thanks Darthon

I really like these and i just wish i knew how to work with leather a little more than i would be following your lead here in no time. Greaves bracers and gloves are the only things i don't have as far as self made scale armor goes. If you can give me any pointers i would sure like that.

Thanks Darthon

I have some pictures of the bottoms of the greave, maybe that will help?

They are at the last half of this link.. this is an album of mostly all of the armor related stuff I have made.

I don't really form the leather too much. Mostly my "skill" with it comes to poking holes in it with a simple hammer driven hole punch and cutting it with a good pair of scissors. After that I just use rings like most people use rivets.

If you need more help just ask.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2086782&id=219705988&l=7d784b5db7

Where do you get your leather. The fabric stores around here can order it for me but wee hee is it expensive. i have looked at a few places that will send it to me but again shipping drive the price up. If you don't mind me asking where and how much do you normally pay for the leather you use. If anyone has a good place to get leather on the east coast.

Thanks Darhton

Tandy is running a special on saddle leather right now $65, i think it was 20ish square feet 8-10oz

its on the front page of their catalog

u can make a lot of greeves out of that much

Where do you get your leather. The fabric stores around here can order it for me but wee hee is it expensive. i have looked at a few places that will send it to me but again shipping drive the price up. If you don't mind me asking where and how much do you normally pay for the leather you use. If anyone has a good place to get leather on the east coast.

Thanks Darhton

Yeah I agree with the above. I get mine from Tandy as well, except. I get my tandy leather from hobby lobby. Usually I buy the bags with semi large amounts of scrap and I get a few good pieced here and there. You would probably be a lot better off though doing as Straad said and buying directly from them.