11 replies to this topic

#1 heckle

heckle

sound in chains

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 10:45 AM

I'm leaving for Ft Leonard Wood Missouri in 2 weeks for Army Basic training. I'll be gone at least 4 months so wish me luck and hopefully I don't tick of a drill Sgt.

Edited by heckle, 02 March 2010 - 10:45 AM.

For death begins with life's first breath, and life begins at touch of death. ~ John Oxenham

"Row faster! I hear banjos!"

#2 svarney

svarney

Apprentice

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 01:13 PM

Good Luck and take care of yourself!

#3 ctsoth

ctsoth

Who needs all 8

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 05:08 PM

I'm leaving for Ft Leonard Wood Missouri in 2 weeks for Army Basic training. I'll be gone at least 4 months so wish me luck and hopefully I don't tick of a drill Sgt.

Be fast and don't draw attention to yourself. Good Luck.
The Internet: A person with unparalleled knowledge and absolute mastery of a given subject. The Internet Expert usually displays this quasi-knowledge in one of two ways, depending upon his setting. Among his Internet Expert peers he will engage in heated shouting matches and long arguments over minutiae. Among non-Internet Experts the Internet Expert will gloat about his superior knowledge and remark upon the astounding ignorance of the plebeians with whom he is forced to share the Internet.

#4 ahmanud

ahmanud

Apprentice

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 05:32 PM

Thats bullshit. Stand out and be all that you can be. ;)

#5 MarkyDaSod

MarkyDaSod

Apprentice

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 09:05 PM

Ft. Lost-in-the-woods. That's where I did my basic. What a blast - 'cept, maybe the gas chamber. That was a tad unpleasant.

As Ahmanud said, stand out.
Happiness lies neither in vice nor in virtue; but in the manner we appreciate the one and the other, and the choice we make pursuant to our individual organization.

#6 Movak

Movak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,137 posts
  • LocationVictoria, BC

Posted 03 March 2010 - 12:08 AM

Stand out for the right reasons;
don't whine,
don't argue,
do what you are told and as fast as you can,
help your squad mates,
if you are going to puke, do it and move on,
if something needs to be done, do it ,
If they are good you will be pushed harder than you ever have before but you will do things you never thought you could.
In the end, have fun, humour will get you through much better than anger.

Movak

#7 heckle

heckle

sound in chains

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 12:55 AM

I think the gas chamber will be fun. I'm going to tell everyone to drink alot of milk and aim thier vomit at the DS because they like it that way. well . . . maybe just the milk part.

I can't wait really I'm itching to go already, I've been waiting for 6 months to get there. I'll be an 88M for those who know what that means. My AIT is at Ft Lazy Wood too so I'm looking at 4 months there. I'll get to see those huge jet sized mosquitos I've heard so much about.
For death begins with life's first breath, and life begins at touch of death. ~ John Oxenham

#8 Wyrd Chains

Wyrd Chains

Chainjunkie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 06 March 2010 - 08:09 PM

I think the gas chamber will be fun. I'm going to tell everyone to drink alot of milk and aim thier vomit at the DS because they like it that way. well . . . maybe just the milk part.

I can't wait really I'm itching to go already, I've been waiting for 6 months to get there. I'll be an 88M for those who know what that means. My AIT is at Ft Lazy Wood too so I'm looking at 4 months there. I'll get to see those huge jet sized mosquitos I've heard so much about.

Just a bit of friendly advice. No matter how bad you may want to, don't shoot the mosquitos, it just pisses them off.

David
"I drank what?"........Socrates

#9 heckle

heckle

sound in chains

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 08:51 AM

Just a bit of friendly advice. No matter how bad you may want to, don't shoot the mosquitos, it just pisses them off.

David

lol thanks for the advice.

Thank you to the rest of you too. I'm going to try to stand out in a good way. I missed my 2nd pre ship promotion so I'm going to try and get it in Basic. I have to be the best at everything to get it so I can't be stuck in the middle of the crowd. I'll be going in as a PV2. 7 days and a wake up away right now. I'm starting to get the jitters.

#10 Movak

Movak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,137 posts
  • LocationVictoria, BC

Posted 08 March 2010 - 09:40 AM

I have been through the gas chamber many times. The key is to just stay calm and do exactly what you are told. It hurts like a bitch but it is only pain. The point of the gas chamber is not whether or not you can handle gas; it is about whether or not you can stay calm and follow orders under difficult conditions. The key is to get yourself squared away and then help those who are having trouble. Be a leader.

Movak

#11 Debra

Debra

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts
  • LocationMansfield, OH

Posted 11 March 2010 - 09:33 AM

I have been through the gas chamber many times. The key is to just stay calm and do exactly what you are told. It hurts like a bitch but it is only pain. The point of the gas chamber is not whether or not you can handle gas; it is about whether or not you can stay calm and follow orders under difficult conditions. The key is to get yourself squared away and then help those who are having trouble. Be a leader.

Movak

Amen to that. I wish you the best of luck and thank you for your service to our country.
deb

If you aren't willing to stand behind our troops, please feel free to stand in front of them.

#12 heckle

heckle

sound in chains

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 12 March 2010 - 12:51 AM

Yesterday I got promoted to the third paygrade. I'm now a PFC in the active US Army. I leave for basic on tuesday and I spend monday in processing doing my final physical exams.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users