matrain1

Link Containers?

I am neither Asian, nor have I worked for an international airport, but I do know what a mooncake is.

Hee, the only reason I said that is that I myself had no idea what a mooncake is until I worked at SFO. I'm quite partial to them as long as they don't have egg yolks.

I use the usual Plano boxes and empty jars, the best large size jars are the GFS-type snack food/nut jars. I also a few gizmos from the local ACE hardware that have individual containers that lock into a frame with a handle. The main case folds out flat, with the tops of all the containers exposed. The only problem is that the lids of the small containers are on the outside when it is closed--and the latches are not very good. I usually use a bit of tape to keep them closed.

Watch out those cabinets are usually made to hang on a wall so they are back less. I still stand by my plano boxes, I have 2 big ones and 1 small 1 (will try and get pics tonight). To all the people who do like the becuase the rings migrate, just glue the bottoms and put a thin layer of foam on the top. If you don't glue the foam in the top you can use it as a work surface :).

I use silicon to glue the dividers down. I also use foam on the top too, but my boxes sit flat even when travelling. I have 2 canvas bags that that hold four containers each. They also have some side pockets for tools, etc. Great for portability.

Well, I was thinking about this as well, and decided to go with this thing for my smaller stock of links.

http://www.lowes.com/pd_83405-941-DSR-18_4294857753_4294937087_?productId=3198745&Ns=p_product_prd_lis_ord_nbr|0||p_product_quantity_sold|1&pl=1&currentURL=/pl_Drawer%2BStorage%2BOrganizers_4294857753_4294937087_%3FNs%3Dp_product_prd_lis_ord_nbr|0||p_product_quantity_sold|1%26Va%3Dtrue

i found after i bought it that each drawer has a small hole in the bottom, probably due to moulding, so i just put some clear packaging tape over each one. i wrote on paper what each ring is, and taped it to the outside of each drawer. i have my smaller coils of wire in there too. when i get my shipment of rings from TRL some time next week, i will probably have to get a tool box or tacklebox to accommodate the larger quantities, but for the smaller rings and/or smaller quantities, this thing works like a dream. i can even fit my smaller cutters and pliers in the drawers!

time to show my age

the old containers that used to come with 35mm film are good for small rings, if you have them around or can even find them anymore. I have flip-top plastic pipette tip boxes I recycled from work, in stead of just throwing them away. but they only work for larger rings. I like the jar idea too.

I still use those plastic tackle boxes from walmart, but i've found that they have a little bit of space where the lid meets the top so i ended up having to glue some thin foam to the lid. it's the stuff they use for underlay when putting down laminate floors. that was enough to close the gap and keep my rings separate