Photo

HELP! What is the best way to wire wrap a wine bottle?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 ghostrdr

ghostrdr

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 04:11 PM

I want to wire wrap some wine bottles. However the wire slips around. Any tips comments, websites? Thanks so much!!!

#2 bigtitann

bigtitann

mailler of the heavens

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 132 posts
  • LocationCalifornia, US

Posted 25 July 2010 - 08:18 PM

I want to wire wrap some wine bottles. However the wire slips around. Any tips comments, websites? Thanks so much!!!

what do you mean by wire wrap? do you mean chainmail wrapping a bottle? if not, you may be in the wrong place.

#3 ghostrdr

ghostrdr

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 07:45 AM

what do you mean by wire wrap? do you mean chainmail wrapping a bottle? if not, you may be in the wrong place.

No, I can get it done with chain, right now I am trying to figure out a good way to use plain wire to wrap a bottle so I can hang it. I figured someone on here may know how given that there is a wire section of the photo gallery.

#4 TRL Customer Service

TRL Customer Service

TheRingLord Customer Service

• Administrators
  • 185 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 03:34 PM

I've moved this to a spot where I think you'll get more traffic :)

#5 stry

stry

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts
  • LocationEvanston, IL

Posted 26 July 2010 - 08:56 PM

If you want a tight wrap to almost be prefect silhouette of the bottle would be to get a plastic bottle like a 1 litter coke bottle that you can drill a hole in. and then wrap.

If you more loose wrap start with a 2D spiral and then push a bottle in to it like a punch.

#6 Frostfly

Frostfly

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 462 posts
  • LocationPortland Oregon

Posted 27 July 2010 - 09:02 AM

I'm a bit confused by what you mean by "the wire slips around" Bottles are round and smooth and hard, Unless you acutally attach the wire in some way, it's prolly gonna slip around. That is, the bottle will turn within the chain/wire. Other then that, making a chain sleeve for a wine bottle is a pretty simple idea. A round bottom and a tube of E4-1 that tapers down at the top to hold the bottle in place. I might make the sleeve and the bottom seperate and then attach the bottom last, but follow your own engineering skills as to what works.
A man who works with his hands is a laborer. A man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman. A man who works with his hands, his brain and his heart is an artist.-- Louis Nizer

I love to hear myself write... ---Joss Whedon

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users