Enchantress

Good Heavens, everyone is BACK!

Hey there, Ladies and Jellyspoons!!!!!!

Wow, the forums look so different, but are so full of familiar faces! I love it! I just sat with a friend of my hubbys and taught him the very basics of mailling. He is now hooked, so we went online and got him a bunch of rings...and I couldn't resist peeking in here! It is great to ogle all of your amazing things! I'm still mailling, I just haven't been online about it for a while :D How is everyone????

HUGE HUGGLES!!!!!

I'm back, too!

Life is so busy I don't have time to hang online like I use to :) I don't have much time to mail, either. But - it's snowing, class is canceled, so I thought 'I need to make some mail!" If the power stays up I'll post a pic later of whatever I come up with.

My husband did make it to work through the snow, though - the further south you go the less it is, but it's unlikely we'll be leaving town to get to school anytime soon. Which is kind of a bummer- I'm sure campus is beautiful in the snow!

Edited by Julie5150

ENCHANTRESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have been missing from the forums myself lately (health issues) but I try to check in every once in a while. how have you been, you beautiful lady?? are you still dancing? I miss have missed you, and the gang. I still have that pic of us from the SLO ren fair on my desk. good to see you are still bouncing around.

I peek in every few weeks. been looking for my pliers I lost one of my favorite sets. I'll start mailling when I find them.

Edited by heckle

I've always had to balance my playing and mailling. You could maille for your guitar like I do. I made a strap and I'm working on a wrap for my beater electric. putting a back sides and a partial front on it in elfweave.

I really would rather play than do anything else in my life. I am absolutely obsessed with it. I have made great strides in 2 years. It would be cool though to make a strap. How would I make it adjustable? What metal would I use? Needs to be bright and shiny as it would compliment my pearl black Parker Nitefly guitar. It's absolutely gorgeous and would so compliment it.

I guess I'm not really back - I started a project but didn't finish it at all.

And then nature happened - finals were canceled due to tornado damage all over and now a lot of flooding - so I'm a little lake-locked and bored. I'll work on this little project some this week. . . the kids are in school though, still - But I have 3 weeks without anything to do every day.

Is this the thread for people to say hi after being gone for a long time? :D

Well... hi. :P I've been caught up in a bunch of different stuff for a while (some productive, some not so much) and only doing a little bit of maille in between. Moved to Texas a year ago, just celebrated three years with my boyfriend, still working up the ambition to put my stuff up for sale online. :D Moving to the big city has put me in touch with some cool real-life beaders, so hanging out with them gives me a chance to work on some maille too. I still need to haul most of my crafting stuff down here, including my maille trenchcoat which is in pretty good shape but still not technically done.

I'm not sure how often I'll be checking back (especially since the place seems a little, er, slow these days), but it's nice to pop in and look around every once in a while. :)

Theresa (who is also sad to see she only has 43 posts... I take it a lot of stuff got eaten by a board change somewhere?)

Ok Ok -- ME TOO!! Hey Everyone!!

It's been YEARS since I have popped in to say hi. I was surprised my account was still here -- 9 years!!

We have been insanely busy!! We opened the world's first Retail Chainmail store on Jan 15th in Saskatoon. We chose a location that is both locally supportive of local small business, and crafts people... and has a TON of foot traffic and tourism, so we are selling a ton of jewelry to non-mailers, while keeping busy on the internet with other customers!! We are also teaching classes which is keeping me busy!!

Nice to see so many familiar faces in this thread!! It's a little deja Vous Ish :)

I hope all is well and that everyone is still creating when they can!!

Shelley

Good to know everything is shaping up for you Shelly. It's Gina here! Remember I was one of Nancy's assistances at the Bead Oasis show in March. You talked about opening a store up. Everything sounds like is going according plan. Good for you. You deserve it.

Good to know everything is shaping up for you Shelly. It's Gina here! Remember I was one of Nancy's assistances at the Bead Oasis show in March. You talked about opening a store up. Everything sounds like is going according plan. Good for you. You deserve it.

Hey Gina!!

Yes, It's been busy and hectic and insane, but It's coming together! If you want to see photos of the shop, we have lots on facebook under our Metal Designz account!! Joe will be at Oasis in Toronto in October, but I have another bead show in Vancouver the same weekend, so we are splitting up and conquering the east and west of Canada in one shot!! So be sure to say hi to him if you are helping again!!

Shelley