strhunter2

bracelets

I have had AA pieces yellow on me with repeated/constant wear. The color fades A LOT and turns yellowish. I attributed this to body oils. I don't know what else would cause it.

Showering with your jewelery isn't the same as washing it. I have seen yellowed AA, and almost every time it is determined the item is worn in the shower, or the person denies it while the eyes tell the truth. Washing the dishes, bathing, and any other similar task applies.

Edited by Borealis Metal Works

Showering with your jewelery isn't the same as washing it. I have seen yellowed AA, and almost every time it is determined the item is worn in the shower, or the person denies it while the eyes tell the truth. Washing the dishes, bathing, and any other similar task applies.

so if it gets wet it will turn yellow?

so if it gets wet it will turn yellow?

No, and I don't buy the showering bit either. I wash dishes and take a shower with one particular piece I have and it's been fine. It's only one piece I have a piece someone else has that this has happened to from constant wear.

No, and I don't buy the showering bit either. I wash dishes and take a shower with one particular piece I have and it's been fine. It's only one piece I have a piece someone else has that this has happened to from constant wear.

I see the truth in your eyes, and just because one piece survives better means nothing. Different soaps leave different residues, especially ones with antibacterial components.

from a guy point of view, I get it wrong more then I get it right. (if you are a guy making jewelery, remember this)

AMEN i wear some stuff and people are like "why do you wear that?" my answer, "cause i like it". does that make it fashionable...oh christ no. i bet those "what not to wear" people would have all kinds of nasty stuff to say about me. Ask women for opinions. Better yet, you wanna know what's gonna sell, go for a stroll at the mall. stop outside all of the popular fashionable places and see what colours are popular, then try to make things that will compliment them

and Borealis is right about the soaps. remember shampoo and dish soap aren't actually soaps, they're detergents and they use some pretty hairy chemicals. especially dish soaps.

and rod, i don't deny you believe it's your body chemistry. but try taking them off to shower, do dishes and work, you may be surprised. I never wear my AA in the shower or sink, but I have played hours and hours of hockey, football and volleyball wearing them, drenching them through and through with sweat over and over again and it merely dulls the colour. a quick wash with a neutral detergent and they're back to new again. with anodized and enamelled anything your big enemy is wear (friction & Impact)

I've not had any real issues with AA, and the only issue I had with the BA was the oxide rub-off. Customers liked the weight, but not the rub off; and my customers were getting a much larger amount of it on their skin than I was from just wearing the pieces. So this week, since I finally ran out of my BA stock I'm transitioning to stainless steel.

I've not had any real issues with AA, and the only issue I had with the BA was the oxide rub-off. Customers liked the weight, but not the rub off; and my customers were getting a much larger amount of it on their skin than I was from just wearing the pieces. So this week, since I finally ran out of my BA stock I'm transitioning to stainless steel.

I just restocked in stainless when my BA ran low. I got a lot of feedback at xmas that people didn't like the feel of BA for necklaces since they were so light.

I just don't like aluminum either. The weight is only part of the problem. I also don't care for colored metals, save for the look of blackened steel and my gunmetal rings. I haven't played with niobium yet though, but I still have reservations.

So far my best received pieces have been constructed from gunmetal, though, oddly enough, I got a few requests for pure copper after telling people my bronze things, were in fact, bronze, not copper. Suits me, I'll do it, but I'm not a huge fan of the green marks on the skin I've experienced from copper jewelry. Even the bronze I use doesn't tarnish THAT quickly.

You will find much fewer issues with green rub off copper chain maille. Most copper jewellery you find is a band of copper. This does not move on the wrist well and traps acidic sweat between band and skin. Thai is what causes the green rub off. Chain maille jewellery on the other hand move much more and allows air movement to dry the skin. The only time where I have had an issue with green rub off what when I was moving. I packed and unpacked a one bedroom apartment by myself in one day. I sweat like a pig all day and ended up with a 4 inch wide band of green on my wrist. It cape off with soap and water.

Movak