dragonjoy1313

AA rings

Hi! I'd like to pick everyone's brain. I made a bunch of Celtic stars for Christmas presents and it kind of snow balled to the point of getting paid orders. Anyway, I gave a star to a girl I know and the blue AA not only faded, but it turned her skin blue. I, myself, have a very acidic body base and I can bleach beads against my skin when no one else has a problem. What do I do under these circumstances when it happens to a paying customer? I told her that if she wore it a lot the blue would eventually fade, but I was mortified that it actually turned her skin blue! she works in a fast food restaurant and sweats a lot. All suggestions are welcome! Thanks!

I can see two options;

1. Replace it and ask her not to wear it in such a harsh environment. I would say the same think to someone who wore sterling silver in a pool.

2. Try a different colour. It is possible, though not likely, that there was a bad batch of blue AA that bleeds under certain conditions. I believe you sure the second person who has seen it recently.

Movak

I'm assuming that the blue was anodised, considering that its aluminum. I personally believe that it was a bad batch. If you get replacement wire, offer to replace the piece for free. Got to keep good customer relations, right?