I'm posting this to let you know I'm still tweaking the appearance - I will announce features etc once done. Any input can be put here - but it may be moot as I'm merging all the skins into 2 - one light and one dark.

FYI I'm taking a break and will be back at it likely on Saturday - supper is calling :D

thats funny - it must be subconscious - or just great minds think alike :D

I'll take the latter :D

I'm sure you're already aware, but the writing on the "Post" "Attachments" and "Options" are currently impossible to read unless you really skew the viewing angle on your LCD...

I tried to get a lock on the CSS it's looking to for you, but man the HTML this forum spits out is hard on the eye... I'm sure the CSS is pretty well quoted though, so you'll find it :)

yup working on post now

can you attach a screen shot though just in case I missed a couple spots

- dark background sites always have glitches!

No need! You already nabbed 95% of it.

Just a little bit of that baby blue sticking around as a border by the Emoticons.

(Hunt for #E4EBF2 in your CSS... At least, that's what my screengrabber tells me it is)

OK I'm basically done. There are a few minor issues with the gallery (can't hide rating and thumbnails may need rebuilding).

Please give me any input on any issues with the 2 skins I may have missed. Screen shots are most appreciated if you find an error.

I will start a new thread shortly to discuss the new features.

Well, a few things: The white in the text boxes is REALLY harsh on the eyes after going from a dark format. And the "reply" and "quote" buttons are harshly white on white. The blue that remains isn't bad, but different. The topics read and unread aren't showing different text colors so I can't figure out what I read already (a subtle clue but one I rely on often)

The text fonts are ok, but bigger than what they were somehow. Perhaps if you had changed the fonts, it's just the way the font displays in this size. Not a huge complaint there, but it seems just a smidge too large. Oh yes, most of this is referring to the "dark" style sheet.

Overall it has a cleaner more updated look though. I like the fact that the account related crap (messages, profile, sign in/out, etc..) is gone and tidied up. Nice job!

those TRL logos for reply and multi- quote are odd. I'll get rid of them tomorrow.

"The topics read and unread aren't showing different text colors so I can't figure out what I read already (a subtle clue but one I rely on often)"

They should show up as different icons on the left- I didn't change the text boldness from the default. See legend at bottom of page when in a post.

Since you are going through the new software here are my critiques;

1) The text for post headings is too big compared to the message tag. They only need to be a few points different since the heading is bold. All text on the page is too big. By the time I zoom out enough to make them reasonable the text in the "post reply" editor is tiny.

2) There is too much white space above and below the text. In my mind that is wasted space and just causes needless scrolling.

3) The last post column is too wide. The text truncates and leaves a big blank space to the right. That space could be used for the status column so it does not scroll as much.

4) Stickies are no longer separated from regular posts. It is confusing. I realize there is a pinned icon but I can barely read the word "pinned".

I would like to see as much information as possible on my screen at one time.

Movak

On a complete note of personal preference. I like the new grey tones with the old black. I like the blue with the new grey tones. I hate the blue, old black, and the new greys all together. The mix is really messing with my perception and makes the forum feel fractred. For me if you loose one of the three it would come together better. The brighter(CleanCut) format is an assault on the senses. Like trying to look at the dark format in an old school photo negative.

Will the gallery activity preview return at the top?

Edited by Borealis Metal Works

I think everyone should be noting what browser they're using to view this website in. I'm using Chrome on the dark skin and I'm not getting most of the problems you've mentioned.

I think everyone should be noting what browser they're using to view this website in. I'm using Chrome on the dark skin and I'm not getting most of the problems you've mentioned.

Good point. I am using Firefox. When I switch to IE it looks alot better but the profile page is still a mess. In IE the board is trying to chage text emoticons to some images but are failing to do so leaving a red "X".

As mentioned the contrast on many of the buttons are just barely readable. The comments on the profile pages are completely obscured as the text and background match.

I had this issue last night and then I forced my browser to reload the correct images. If this doesn't work for you can you pls post a screen shot.

Since you are going through the new software here are my critiques;

1) The text for post headings is too big compared to the message tag. They only need to be a few points different since the heading is bold. All text on the page is too big. By the time I zoom out enough to make them reasonable the text in the "post reply" editor is tiny.

2) There is too much white space above and below the text. In my mind that is wasted space and just causes needless scrolling.

3) The last post column is too wide. The text truncates and leaves a big blank space to the right. That space could be used for the status column so it does not scroll as much.

4) Stickies are no longer separated from regular posts. It is confusing. I realize there is a pinned icon but I can barely read the word "pinned".

I would like to see as much information as possible on my screen at one time.

Movak

I really do need screen shots - i have to guess what areas you're commenting on based on your wording.

FYI I did not change the font size- I used the ones that came with this skin - they are 13 instead of 12 from the last skin.

On a complete note of personal preference. I like the new grey tones with the old black. I like the blue with the new grey tones. I hate the blue, old black, and the new greys all together. The mix is really messing with my perception and makes the forum feel fractred. For me if you loose one of the three it would come together better. The brighter(CleanCut) format is an assault on the senses. Like trying to look at the dark format in an old school photo negative.

Will the gallery activity preview return at the top?

Wow can't please everyone - the most common complain has always been too much contrast so I reduced it.

Wow can't please everyone - the most common complain has always been too much contrast so I reduced it.

Not sure how large fields of white bordered by black and grey is a reduction of contrast, but to be fair the IE version(now that I have seen it) is way more palatable then what shows up in Firefox. It really is a completely different experience.

Did the force reload and the button issues, large white fields and such have been corrected. The profile page still has white fields with white text both for the buttons and half the comments.

Edited by Borealis Metal Works

Not sure how large fields of white bordered by black and grey is a reduction of contrast, but to be fair the IE version(now that I have seen it) is way more palatable then what shows up in Firefox. It really is a completely different experience.

Did the force reload and the button issues, large white fields and such have been corrected. The profile page still has white fields with white text both for the buttons and half the comments.

ok so profile page on the CleanCut skin is your only complaint now?