I think everyone should be noting what browser they're using to view this website in. I'm using Chrome on the dark skin and I'm not getting most of the problems you've mentioned.

To add on to this, Browser version is also important, especially if it's not the most current release.

And, as Bernice said, screenshots always help.

Edited by Daemon_Lotos

Since you are going through the new software here are my critiques;

1) The text for post headings is too big compared to the message tag. They only need to be a few points different since the heading is bold. All text on the page is too big. By the time I zoom out enough to make them reasonable the text in the "post reply" editor is tiny.

2) There is too much white space above and below the text. In my mind that is wasted space and just causes needless scrolling.

3) The last post column is too wide. The text truncates and leaves a big blank space to the right. That space could be used for the status column so it does not scroll as much.

4) Stickies are no longer separated from regular posts. It is confusing. I realize there is a pinned icon but I can barely read the word "pinned".

I would like to see as much information as possible on my screen at one time.

Movak

In the first picture, everything in red squares is wasted space. Things can me move closer and fonts modified to eliminate most of this space. Small adjustments to top and bottom padding can eliminate most of the extra space. Nothing gets printed in the large vertical rectangle in the "Last Post Info: column as text is truncated before that. That space can be used by the "Recent Status Updates" column.

In the second picture, everything in the red squares is unreadable.

This is in Firefox 3.6.7.

Movak

Two things that I can see wrong in Chrome 9.0.597.98

The time stamps for all of the posts are wrong.

The quoted text still appears in a giant white block.

post-3359-0-54757900-1299438912_thumb.jpg post-3359-0-13816900-1299438939_thumb.jpg

Two things that I can see wrong in Chrome 9.0.597.98

The time stamps for all of the posts are wrong.

The quoted text still appears in a giant white block.

post-3359-0-54757900-1299438912_thumb.jp post-3359-0-13816900-1299438939_thumb.jp

please try a forced refresh. The green and white stuff was all removed yesterday - I designed the colors on Chrome. Let me know if you still have issues.

By a forced refresh, you mean just refreshing the page? I do that all the time, and yes, the problem still persists.

By a forced refresh, you mean just refreshing the page? I do that all the time, and yes, the problem still persists.

I'm 99% sure you're seeing a cached page - try F5

I'm in this thread on Chrome and not seeing the green/white.

post-19-0-53411300-1299439816_thumb.jpg

Refreshing the page (pressing F5) does not take away the white block of quoted text.

do you see my attachment? its the same page you attached a shot of using the same skin and same browser. Please have a looked at your browser cache settings.

Yes I saw your attachment, and my browsers settings are set fine. I'll just live with the white boxes as it's not a big deal. I was just trying to help.

Yes I saw your attachment, and my browsers settings are set fine. I'll just live with the white boxes as it's not a big deal. I was just trying to help.

I don't think you have to live with it -

http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/Chrome/thread?tid=293d117c4759f8bf&hl=en

there is info on refreshing Chrome (apparently its not simple although it worked for me not sure why)

there is a refresh extension even.

Thank you for that page, and while I do clear my cache somewhat regularly, I did it again just now and the white boxes are still there as they were before.

post-3359-0-68053500-1299440872_thumb.jpg

Thank you for that page, and while I do clear my cache somewhat regularly, I did it again just now and the white boxes are still there as they were before.

Ah, I know that one! Change your skin settings to CleanCut then back to CleanCut_Dark and it should be fixed.

Oh great... Now it's switched over to the new one and everything looks terrible. Great, just great.

ok so profile page on the CleanCut skin is your only complaint now?

Nope. Never going to use Cleancut. Can't read it. I am only referring to options on the drak version.

I attached an image of what the profile page looks like. Appears to be the same in IE and in Firefox.

Also every time a thumbnail is included in a post it creates a large white field around it extending to the width of the post.

post-3624-0-21151700-1299445429_thumb.jpg

Nope. Never going to use Cleancut. Can't read it. I am only referring to options on the drak version.

I attached an image of what the profile page looks like. Appears to be the same in IE and in Firefox.

Also every time a thumbnail is included in a post it creates a large white field around it extending to the width of the post.

I'll deal with the profile page. I'm waiting for more feedback so I can do all tweaks at once (in case there is disagreement or mis-loading of pages)

Ok so after doing a full reset on Chrome I'm still coming up with the broken Emoticons and not sure if it was intentional but the Board links at the top are no longer colored. The blue was easier to see IMO I honestly overlooked it at first and thought you had removed it. Other than that it seems to be coming along nicely. Pic is of the forum links I mentioned.link color?

This is Cleancut_dark on Firefox. Notice the big bright box around attached pics and the unreadable text in the box. There is also no insert image button anymore. I can insert the thumbnail image but it does not get the whole image to link.

As Bernice said a Force-Refresh (Ctrl+F5 or Shift+F5) depending on your browser may help out, as it will ignore cached content and re-grab a fresh version.

Also consider upgrading your browser to the most current version... As some older versions of browsers (and indeed, even some current releases... Firefox, I'm looking at you...) have CSS issues.

The Forums (colourwise) look fine to me in: IE 8.0.6001.18975, IE 9.RC1, Chrome 9.0.597.107, Opera 11.01, Firefox 3.6.13, and Safari 5.0.1 (7533.17.8)

I suspect that any colour problems are cache related due to visiting an old version of the page, thus a force-reload may help.

Also consider disabling any addons you currently have loaded and testing again...

Also, also, ensure that your browser isn't set to override any colours (link, etc)

Edited by Daemon_Lotos

Updated IE from 8-9, and Firefox is up to date. Profile page and fields around thumbnails still persist. All have been force refreshed many times.

Well, Bernice is holding out on fixing the Profile Page... As she said above, I think you'll find...

The thumbnail box is a tiny bit jarring, but it's not a white, so much as a grey (#E6E6E6, Bernice, in case you need to track it down...)

Oddly, I actually don't have difficulty reading it, but my screen is colour calibrated properly...

Edited by Daemon_Lotos

Well, Bernice is holding out on fixing the Profile Page... As she said above, I think you'll find...

I never asked for anything to be fixed. I am only adding feedback as was the request of the thread. I only continue to mention the profile page as I make attempts on my end to correct any variable that may be the fault of my software. Congratulations on the screen calibration.

On clean cut dark, with my recently updated, force refreshed Firefox, the gallery photos fail to appear about 1/3rd of the time. Also the M in forum on the icon to return to home page is chopped short.