Canisunis

Ringinator EZ

Greetings,

Have any of you had experience ordering from the ringinator.com site? I am used to the kind of customer service we get from TRL where as soon as a payment is received you get an e-mail or some confirmation from TRL that the status of your order has changed. Two weeks ago March 21st I paid via paypal for an EZ model Ringinator and have yet to see my status updated. I had even pre-ordered as they were out of stock when I had the cash to get one. When I called the person I spoke to said they had a lot of them to ship our and it may take a few days. That was a week ago and the status of my order still does not show my payment or any shipping info. If you have ordered from them, can you please tell me how long it took for them to get the order shipped to you and if they sent an update e-mail?

Thanks.

Greetings,

Have any of you had experience ordering from the ringinator.com site? I am used to the kind of customer service we get from TRL where as soon as a payment is received you get an e-mail or some confirmation from TRL that the status of your order has changed. Two weeks ago March 21st I paid via paypal for an EZ model Ringinator and have yet to see my status updated. I had even pre-ordered as they were out of stock when I had the cash to get one. When I called the person I spoke to said they had a lot of them to ship our and it may take a few days. That was a week ago and the status of my order still does not show my payment or any shipping info. If you have ordered from them, can you please tell me how long it took for them to get the order shipped to you and if they sent an update e-mail?

Thanks.

They have a phone number listed under contact info at the site. Give them a call.

I ordered a Ringinator EZ, which i absolutely love. When I ordered it, the website said he had 2 in stock, I ordered it on the 28th of December, and received it January 10th. , I was told he was waiting for parts and thats why it took, i guess longer than it should have, but I figured it would take a while due to all the Holidays.. Martin responded very quickly to all my emails. I had a few other issues after that reguarding a saw blade, but nothing that I would hold against him or complain about. All in all, I would say send Martin another email, or give him a call and ask nicely.

I have called and not spoken to Martin twice now. The person I spoke to said they would call me back in 20 min. I never got called back. I did send Martin multiple e-mails and got replies up until I asked about my order. I will try to e-mail Martin again.

That's very interesting, I was wondering how the ringinator works myself. I would be moderately concerned had I been dealing with the same situation, customer service is my number one priority and I always keep people abreast of any changes in the orders I do. Also while on the topic does anyone actually have experience working with the ringinator in regard to hard materials such as stainless and titanium, those are my primary media and other than customer service would be the only thing that would convince me that it was a worthy purchase.

I actually purchased it to try to do stainless steel. I mostly do 16-22ga and will let you know how it does when/if it gets here.

Martin replied to my E=mail and said it shipped today. It should be here Wednesday. He sent me tracking info also.

Here's hoping its performance is worth the wait and confusion.

I have the fully enclosed model (in the wooden box) and after a large amount of fiddling and a good bit of practice, i use it to cut pounds and pounds of bright aluminum - probably 50#+ on a single blade. I've also cut sterling and copper, and it performs admirably.

I still don't use it to cut stainless or Ti, not because the design isn't sound (it is) but because mostly I can't justify the teensy tiny bit of savings on wire vs saw-cut rings from TRL - mostly because of blade life and SLOW cutting speeds. Not a fault of the ringinator, but more just the properties of the metals in question. I find it's more efficient for me to buy, say, a pound of saw-cut stainless from TRL and spend the time I save actually weaving product rather than buying wire, coiling it, cutting it, and replacing saw blades often. If a single saw blade would last for as many pounds of stainless as it does aluminum, and especially if the cutting speeds were as fast, I would cut stainless on it all day long like I do aluminum.

Under different circumstances I would probably order pre-cut rings also. Let's just say it simply wouldn't work, I desire something like the ringinator so I can improve my speed over using a hand operated jeweler's saw and still be able to make my own coils. My tolerances are down to 128ths and the ring sizes on TRL are not available in such wide ranges. Plus it's a quality control thing, if I nuked a batch of rings myself on the ringinator sure I would cuss a bit but I could just toss the rings out and do them by hand. I know what to expect when I make them.

Like I posted earlier, I own the Ringinator EZ, I used it primarily to cut 5356 alloy aluminum, copper, and sterling. I have cut .040" stainless with it, and it cuts beautifully, however The time involved to cut them is not worth my time, so I too would just purchase stainless and harder metals from, TRL or another source.

If a single saw blade would last for as many pounds of stainless as it does aluminum, and especially if the cutting speeds were as fast, I would cut stainless on it all day long like I do aluminum.

Blades like that do exist. However its a trade-off in size. Coated specialty blades are available, but not in anything thinner than 0.012". The coating and manufacturing process warps thinner blades. However if the larger kerf isnt an issue, then they are well worth the extra cost.

Blades like that do exist. However its a trade-off in size. Coated specialty blades are available, but not in anything thinner than 0.012". The coating and manufacturing process warps thinner blades. However if the larger kerf isnt an issue, then they are well worth the extra cost.

A link, description, or search term would be great =D

Here is a link I found for carbide jewelers saw blades. I was looking for lubricant/coolant for when the ringinator arrives and figured I would look for blades too.

JTS Machine

Carbide 1.5" OD saw 0.010" thick with 130 teeth...$49.95. I can buy about 7 HSS saws for $50. It would be a real shame when one of those carbide saws shatters because you turned the coil while pushing it through. Carbide is a nice tool material, but IMO it's to brittle to be effective for a Ringinator fed by hand. Go ahead and try it, but know that carbide won't bend and give like a HSS saw will.

In response to the OP, I had an issue with communication when I was waiting on my Ringinator EZ as well. I was in the first batch of preorders and also there was an issue with the machining on my unit so there was a further delay...but I had to keep emailing every couple weeks or so to even get a status. Once I finally got the unit and got it up and running and worked most of the kinks out though, it was fine. However, I'm still looking for saw blades that are only 1.25" OD that fit on a 1/2" arbor AND have a decently small thickness.

Edited by Jax25

In response to the OP, I had an issue with communication when I was waiting on my Ringinator EZ as well. I was in the first batch of preorders and also there was an issue with the machining on my unit so there was a further delay...but I had to keep emailing every couple weeks or so to even get a status. Once I finally got the unit and got it up and running and worked most of the kinks out though, it was fine. However, I'm still looking for saw blades that are only 1.25" OD that fit on a 1/2" arbor AND have a decently small thickness.

I thought the Ringinator used 1.5" blades on a .5" arbor. I found some Here . But they dont sell 1.25" versions. I did find some here that fit your request, but they are not cheap.

Edited by Canisunis

For oils that I use on my Ringinator EZ, I use either vegitable oil, or thread cutting oil, I have cut somewhere in the ballpark of 160 pounds of aluminum, about a 5 pounds of copper and maybe a pound of sterling, plus about 1 oz. of stainless off the blade I am using and still dont get burrs, or a thicker warped kerf. The blades I use are the ones that came with my ringinator.

For oils that I use on my Ringinator EZ, I use either vegitable oil, or thread cutting oil, I have cut somewhere in the ballpark of 160 pounds of aluminum, about a 5 pounds of copper and maybe a pound of sterling, plus about 1 oz. of stainless off the blade I am using and still dont get burrs, or a thicker warped kerf. The blades I use are the ones that came with my ringinator.

I'd love to see your setup using oils - I use candle wax to lube the blade for BA/copper/sterling. I spin 3' coils (except for sterling because I'm not made of money) and basically just jam a chunk of wax into the spinning blade to cool/coat it. Once per 3' coil for 20/18g, twice for 16g, and about once a foot or so for 14g, and it seems to work well for me. Cut rings fall down a small sheetmetal ramp I built (perforated with holes so wax chunks and metal dust fall down) into a colander (or wire mesh trash can if I'm cutting a whole bunch of the same size), and I've built a dust collection system by duct taping some plastic tubing right under the blade and then connecting that to my shop vac, which sits outside so any residual dust is blown out of the garage completely. That traps about 90% or so of the mess, most of the rest comes off when I shake out the colander or trash can and knock free the rest of the wax/dust stuff, and then tumbling the rings in hot water and blue dawn cleans them and brings them to a perfect, burr-free shine.

Anyone out there using wax to lube for cutting stainless? I have a couple pounds of 18g stainless wire and I'm thinking of giving it another go - Slow speed and lubing the blade every 6" or so. Any thoughts?

Edited by Chainmailbill

Chainmailbill, ill take a picture of my set up this weekend when its supposed to be nice, it raining here and my set up is in the detatched garage. I also spin 3 foot coils, also for the stainless, I would recommend using oil to cut it, only because it will keep the saw blade and coil cooler than the wax. That of course is a personal recommendation, as I am no expert at heat displacement per material used. I just find the oil easier to use cause I can reuse it over and over and over again.

Here is a link I found for carbide jewelers saw blades. I was looking for lubricant/coolant for when the ringinator arrives and figured I would look for blades too.

JTS Machine

I bought one of the 1" carbide blades to try out cutting stainless, it cut about 4 rings before exploding. I don't think they are meant to cut like we want them to cut. Any bit of chatter, like a little bump between links in a coil and bye bye carbide. Now if someone would just manufacture a .008 or .010 carbide tipped blade, I would be all over it. Unfortunatly I think that is something that would be really expensive

I bought one of the 1" carbide blades to try out cutting stainless, it cut about 4 rings before exploding. I don't think they are meant to cut like we want them to cut. Any bit of chatter, like a little bump between links in a coil and bye bye carbide. Now if someone would just manufacture a .008 or .010 carbide tipped blade, I would be all over it. Unfortunatly I think that is something that would be really expensive

My thoughts exactly. A little deflection and things are sure to go wrong. Not so with HSS saws.

I thought the Ringinator used 1.5" blades on a .5" arbor. I found some Here . But they dont sell 1.25" versions. I did find some here that fit your request, but they are not cheap.

That is what it comes with, but when cutting small gauge, small diameter rings saw through could be a problem so I'm looking for 1.25" blades for that application. 1.5" are hella easy to find.

That is what it comes with, but when cutting small gauge, small diameter rings saw through could be a problem so I'm looking for 1.25" blades for that application. 1.5" are hella easy to find.

To use the 1.5" saws on smaller rings I just put a washer or two as shims on the bolts in between the bushing and the guide plate. That way I can adjust the saw height almost infinitely depending on washer thickness. You could also use brass shim stock to achieve the same results.

I have 2 Jr's that I do this frequently on, and would expect it to work on an EZ, but I don't know for sure.