All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Yesterday
  2. Last week
  3. Kittensoft_Chainmail

Orgaization

I use a combination of plastic storage boxes for findings, a set of bins to hold my bags of colored rings, ans labeled coffee cans and plastic jars to hold my stainless/aluminum/galvanized rings.
  4. Jodey - TRL Tier 2 Support

Niobium - Anodized, black and raw

Are you referring to the mixed? We are currently out of wire to make the nocolor in this size, which is what we use to make all anodized colors. Unfortunately there is no ETA at this time for the wire.
  5. TaphNoir

Niobium - Anodized, black and raw

Looking for an update on RAINBOW in this size: Saw Cut Niobium - 18 ga 5/32'' ID Thank you! Ready to put an order in and that's the only stock that's not in!
  6. Hazzmatt

Scale flower hair clips

I have only recently started making chain flowers/hair clips, and i know it's not quite like Bills, but it works. I've been looping 2 rings through the slots of the hairclip, meeting in the + of the clip and a 3rd small ring connecting the + with the closest large ring. (It will not allow me to attach a 2.8mb image)
  7. Konstantin the Red

Starting a Chainmail with 14ga

Excellent -- and ambitious in terms of time commitment. You're looking at from eight to twelve weeks of reasonable amounts of time (an hour or two per weekday) on the hobby, between other endeavors like school, meals, and making some medieval garb to flesh everything else out. Hauberks are shirts -- they're just variously big, depending on whether they are eleventh-century (half sleeves) to thirteenth-century (long sleeves ending in mitts, integral coif) finishing up in the early decades of the fourteenth. Sounds like you have the haburgeon in mind -- the sort of thing everyone thinks of for a shirt of mail; they're short sleeved, mid-thigh length. (Don't have the hem at the height of your nuts! Armour's supposed to stop you from being hurt!) There's a shorter shirt, the vest-size byrnie. This one is strictly for Vikings and the Beowulf era. This is the best shirt tute on the interwebz: https://web.archive.org/web/20160508055350/http://homepage.ntlworld.com/trevor.barker/farisles/guilds/armour/mail.htm -- download it so it will never disappear. It's about 4-5 pages of typescript.
  8. Konstantin the Red

Orgaization

Yoghurt containers -- with their lids. No prob labeling them with a Sharpie. All the tools all in one spot. Mailler tools, except for the power drill for coiling your own from wire, fit in the tray of a toolbox; the power drill fits in the box itself.
  9. Rain of the Night

Yes! This would be for a chainmail armor project. Want to start it as a shirt, see where I can get it, then proceed to make it an hauberk when possible.
  10. Konstantin the Red

14 gauge SWG -- .080" diameter -- works superbly for Creative Anachronist baton-battering in either 5/16" ID (aspect ratio roughly 4, which is always good for E4-1 shirts and other armor) or 3/8" (A.R. about 5.6, still plenty good) which is more open and coarser looking, yet plenty strong and functional. I hope to hear explicitly just what it is you're building -- 14 gauge suggests an armor project. Right? 16gaSWG@1/4" links are actually closer to historical mail in link and wire size -- still somewhat heavy yet in the wire. This slimmer wire is indeed more affected by A.R. in the larger end of the link size distribution. The beefier 14 ga can stand bigger links.
  11. Rain of the Night

Good day Everyone, I'm planning to start a chainmail project now (have the funds and the time!) and I wanted to know; I'm going 14ga, as I don't like the thin 16ga. So I know, euro 4-1, you want a relatively small ring. I was wondering if 14ga 5/16" would be adequate or not, or if I should go smaller/larger ring. If someone has pictures and examples of how it looks, I would be grateful.
  12. I absolutely love how this came out and it fits my phone like a glove.
  13. Jodey - TRL Tier 2 Support

Scales - all materials and sizes

These will restock Friday.
  14. losthelm

Orgaization

I have a tool rack for my pliers, I use a lot of 2x3 or 3x3 zip bags for kits and materials purchased from a drug supply company. For bulk rings and such specimen cups from a lab supply are cheap. When it comes to zip bags and such Bulk discounts apply, it maybe worth seeing if someone local can split the order. Last time around 10K zip bags was right around $45 including shipping. Beats $3 per 100 at the local craft shop.
  15. Rob MacLennan

Orgaization

I keep it pretty simple. Large freezer bags for each type of metal, with smaller bags to sub-divide by gauge, size, and colour. The lot go in a plastic storage tub. For larger numbers of rings, as in the ones I use for armour, they go into large coffee cans that are labelled for size, gauge, and material.
  16. Geschaftsrei

Chainmail Computer Program?

i found this a few days ago been messing around with it if you use ms paint save a .bmp (bitmap) of your desired inlay then load it into the program here are some of the original Pokemon spites as an example of what you can do http://dragonenchained.com/ pokesprites1-2-3.bmp pokesprites1-2-3 - Rendered.bmp
  17. Snadhorse

1up Dreamcatcher

I love your design! What weaves did you use? I can do research to find out, but if you could save me time?
  18. Brighton

Orgaization

I use plastic organizers. I have probably 30 that I have collected over the years to hold my supplies. My favorite ones I got from home depot like this one made by DEWALT...
  19. Spencer Smith

Scales attached by Elfweave

This is for a shoulder on a shirt I'm working on. I was going to carry the pattern down the sleeve, but scales stretch funny when hung horizontally. I needed to take a picture and share before I scrap/modify the idea.
  20. Freyja

Is there an ETA yet on SCALE-SM-AABLK or SC-SM-AABLKbulk?
  21. GabhaFocal

Orgaization

I'm trying to come up with a better way to keep all my chainmaille supplies, tools and findings. Right now it's all half-hazardly shoved into boxes. I was wondering what everyone does to organize their supplies, and if you could give me ideas. Thanks!
  22. Bladeturner

Stitching two pieces of scalemail together

That does help, thanks! I stitched the two pieces together that I show at the top. I'm not fully sure it's working, I won't know until I've got the whole yoke finished. If I'm getting scales standing up, I'll adjust. Once I've got that done, I'm sure I'll post here again asking for feedback.
  23. Earlier
  24. Jodey - TRL Tier 2 Support

SCSM-BTAA-SPB its a Limited edition color, so there is no ETA for a restock on it. If you would like to order a custom batch please contact customer service directly. orders (at) theringlord.com
  25. Jodey - TRL Tier 2 Support

Brass

We are out of wire to make this product; I have no ETA at this time. There are machine cut rings in stock in the size and material.
  26. Valine

Can i get an eta on SCSM-BTAA-SPB for restock?
  27. KatCunning

Brass

ETA on 14ga 1/2" brass saw-cut rings? I got a dude who needs a new knights chain.
  1. Load more activity