All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Eric

How to handle seams

http://www.theringlord.org/forum/index.php?/topic/9598-scale-tutorial/ Have you seen this tutorial for scales?
  3. Today
  4. Rob MacLennan

How to handle seams

The only seams that I could potentially see in a scale vest would be if you were to do a scale approximation of a Bladeturner chain shirt, with 45 degree seams at the shoulders, but that would be a needless complication. In the above-pictured version you could run scales horizontally along the rings used to join front to back, in order to camouflage the seam.
  5. Jodey - TRL Tier 2 Support

Scales - all materials and sizes

Yes, we can make custom medium scales. Please contact customer service directly if you would like a quote. orders (at) theringlord.com. scaleaalg-blk - there is no eta for these; we need strip, so it will be a few months before that arrives.
  6. Jodey - TRL Tier 2 Support

Rubber Rings

They will be ordered in the next week and arrive in 2 to 3 months.
  7. NebulaDraconian

Scales - all materials and sizes

Do you think this is something we could group order at, theoretically? I inquired about these once a while back but the minimum was high. Just wondering if enough people threw money at it, if it could be done. Also is there an estimate for SCALEAALG-BLK?
  8. Jaxadus

How to handle seams

I'm having trouble picturing how these pieces make a vest. If I do something like whats in this picture, there will be a seam at the top of the shoulders, here scales will be pointing in opposite directions. Thats not something I really want to be visable, so is there a weave that does away with that?
  9. lorenzo

How to handle seams

This is how I do the seams on my scale pieces. As Konstantin mentioned seams aren't really required for maille vests, they serve more of a decorative function.
  10. Yesterday
  11. Konstantin the Red

How to handle seams

I really can't address scale; I don't do it. I'm told that in effect, weaving scale and rings into the usual scale is structurally like E4-1 hung sideways, a/k/a "open hang" since gravity pulls the resilient direction (now oriented vertically instead of horizontally) fully open. It becomes quite like Japanese 4-1.
  12. Jaxadus

How to handle seams

Yes, I've been uaing e4-1. Are there patterns for scale mail, other than E4-1? Aside from expansions and contractions?
  13. Konstantin the Red

How to handle seams

Welcome, Jaxadus. Do you intend to use E4-1 weave? Since it's horizontally stretchy -- vertically, not at all -- there's not a need for seams, or joins, per se. E4-1mail conforms to one's contours, needing only to be built with enough max-stretch circumference to give it some slack. Stuff on vest-like mail pieces can be Searchbuttoned onsite under "byrnie," which is a sleeveless (usually) short mailshirt. Effects as useful as tailoring-type seamed construction can be accomplished through expansions and triangular expansions arrays. These are useful accommodating large breasts. Styles and effects by means of seams or joins are of course something different -- but they are more amusing than needful in Euro 4-1.
  14. Jaxadus

How to handle seams

I have an idea of how I want to do a vest seam wise, I just wanted some other opinions on how else to tackle it.
  15. Last week
  16. Adeya

Rubber Rings

Any news on 16516 white yet?
  17. John loyal

Back

It is amazing!!! How long it took?
  18. Jodey - TRL Tier 2 Support

Anodized Aluminum

I will have more info next week. Right now it looks like 2 to 4 weeks.
  19. calisandra

extra large and large flower comparison

I have done the large on clips and combs but the extra large are too big and I haven't found a large enough clip yet
  20. Svet

Anodized Aluminum

What's the ETA for SXAA18532 green? Thank you
  21. Lynne

Conversion Charts for Books and DVD's

Hi …. I can't seem to open any of the conversion charts :-( Can anyone help? Thanks...
  22. Jodey - TRL Tier 2 Support

Anodized Aluminum

Since it sold so well we will very likely rerun the color. I don't have an ETA at this time. 18316 will be included as it is a top seller. 18732 will likely not be included. That would require a custom order. Please email customer service if you need a quote. orders (at) theringlord.com.
  23. Jodey - TRL Tier 2 Support

Stainless Steel - Black and Plain

All blackened stainless is stainless that is sent to the blackener, so there is no blackened stainless material that we stock. In other words we can't make these without having medium stainless scales blackened when we send out to the blackener. This happens at most 2x a year, and we recently received our blackened items back, so it won't happen again for quite a while.
  24. Evil_Spork

Stainless Steel - Black and Plain

I see blackened stainless steel scales available in small and large, but nothing listed for medium, only regular stainless in medium. Do you just not stock that material in medium or is that a website error or something? Small: SCALEsm-SB-BLK Medium: ?? Large: SCALELG-SB-BLACKENED
  25. Jodey - TRL Tier 2 Support

Aluminum - Bright

This was just restocked.
  26. Paladin

Scalemail Edge Stabilization

As the others have said, best to avoid straight, horizontal lines of scales as much as possible. In instances where I could not entirely avoid a straight line, I suspended it from mail. For example, a mail collar on one byrnie supported a horizontal row of four scales on the back below the neck with very little sag. That technique will not work for lines much longer than that though. I did see a 'coat of plates' style scale shirt someone else made where they had stitched the first three rows of scales around the sides to stiff leather. Think of an upside down T with a neck hole in the middle of the stalk, with the cross pieces being wrapped around the torso and belted at the back. Those rows were attached to the belt, which was under some tension besides being stiff, so the scales were held relatively straight.
  27. craftierx1

extra large and large flower comparison

Have you ever connected them to hair snaps?
  28. craftierx1

Scalemail.jpg

I love this, but what do you wear under the scale, here where I live it would get way too hot against the skin? Or is this on top of a busteay??
  29. did you get the help you needed, I am just curious because I will be working on a big dragon next. I am currently trying to do the small dragon.
  1. Load more activity