All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Today
  3. Jodey - TRL Tier 2 Support

Anodized Aluminum

We will do our best to get orange made and restocked by the end of the month. I can't give you a 100% guarantee as it depends on some factors out of our control. Some colors are made less frequently because they are slower sellers. It's not that other colors are taking the spot of orange being anodized. We need more than one size to be out of stock so there is enough for us to anodize and keep costs where they are.
  4. Marie's Maille

Anodized Aluminum

The timing for the orange rings has been pushed off and still says estimated. How firm is the end of this month? And as much as I love limited edition colors, I don't understand why you are doing that when other colors are out of stock. I know you only do orange once a year but 18 1/4 has been out of stock for several months now.
  5. Jodey - TRL Tier 2 Support

Anodized Aluminum

Yes, we will be stocking this as a regular item.
  6. Mike Hemp

Anodized Aluminum

Is Electric Violet going to start being a regular in-stock item? I absolutely love the color and want to be able to get it regularly.
  7. Yesterday
  8. Jodey - TRL Tier 2 Support

Scales - all materials and sizes

We only have yellow in the bright thin anodized aluminum and the polycarbonate.
  9. Konstantin the Red

Newb Help with Persian 4 in 1

Jeff, you mean you can find aluminum wire cheaper than you can find galvanized steel? Color me rather surprised. Generally, the way to buy wire most cheaply is in bulk, by weight -- priced by the pound. It's probably a dollar a pound or so for galvy wire, which is perfectly fine for butted mail you intend to get beat on in, say, the SCA sword game. Aluminum is more easily bent, and hence more easy to beat up and grow holes in, too. I wonder what xbitgeek means by 'mold,' as I don't mold anything when I'm weaving mail -- it's all taking wire and bending it, one way and another. A dress-form/mannequin? You can get a good idea what's needed for a shirt for yourself if you put on a hoodie and a sweatshirt, both at once, and then the mail over both. Whatever you've got that's thick; even a light jacket. See if anything's going tight with the mail on. You have enough circumference to your shirt -- and enough slack in the right places -- if you can cross one arm over the other in front of you at the elbows without the shirt binding you. If it does, add more mail in the back of the shirt to give a little more slack. If you're building a longsleeve shirt, you'll want to be able to bend those elbows too, reaching back to touch your opposite shoulders. Along its resilient direction, E4-1 mail pretends to be elastic, because of the way the links are aligned. Since a shirt of mail amounts to a metal chain in two dimensions, it acts like a metal chain when it comes to full tension. At that point, like a tow-chain under load, it stops hard. Ya got no more. So what you're after is to have enough mail to leave a little bit of slack in the mail when your body has come to its limit of motion. Some of that is cut-and-try, but experience shows that about a handspan more width across the back of the shirt at the shoulders than across the chest gives enough slack to give your arms freedom forward, where your anatomy allows it -- our arms don't go as far backward as they do forward, and the sleeves on a mailshirt will have to reflect that.
  10. withtehwind

I'm looking to order some small AA scales in yellow. Do you offer these in non-bright? Or, is bright yellow the only yellow you have in the small scales? Thanks!
  11. Jodey - TRL Tier 2 Support

Titanium - Anodized and Plain

All of the small ti strip we got has been made into the z-special scales that are on the website. There is no ETA at this time on new strip. There are no plans to make large anodized ti scales at this time. They can be ordered as a custom product, though. Contact customer service for more info.
  12. Jodey - TRL Tier 2 Support

We are waiting for strip to come in, so estimate is currently 2-3 months.
  13. Jodey - TRL Tier 2 Support

Anodized Aluminum

All out of stock orange has an estimated restock for the end of this month. sxma1614red will restock next Monday.
  14. Jodey - TRL Tier 2 Support

Anodized Aluminum

This will restock at the end of this month.
  15. Jodey - TRL Tier 2 Support

These will restock at the end of the month.
  16. Jodey - TRL Tier 2 Support

Anodized Aluminum

I apologize for the delay - this will restock Thurs or Fri of this week.
  17. xmnmersx

Hello! Any ideas when you might be restocking SCSM-BTAA-SKY and SCSM-BTAA-RB ? Thank you, Megan
  18. blackwidow8520

Anodized Aluminum

18 5/32 this was to restock last week... Will it be much longer? Need 5 bags ASAP
  19. Last week
  20. TitaniumMithril

Irregular Grid Painter

haha - yep! 403,788 (759x532) to be exact, but who's counting. ;-)
  21. Alternatively, depending on how much time you want to sync in, you could remove some of the old rings and replace it with the new rings then use the old rings with the new rings to continue so it blends better.
  22. Jeff

so I know I'm pretty late to the conversation but what are you making the shirt for? is it for combat (SCA or otherwise) or costuming/decoration (halloween, cosplay, etc)? if it is for combat then steel is definitely the way to go but if it is for decoration then aluminum would probably be the better option as it is cheaper, comes in more colors for your inlay, lighter, and doesn't need to be as strong since it doesn't need to take a hit. Aluminum is also easier to work with than steel. Also while Bright aluminum isn't good for white areas of an inlay, you can still use it as it is just like a light gray in color. I've used it in the past for that purpose.
  23. Jeff

Irregular Grid Painter

Your tapestry was really 400,000 rings? you really are as insane as I thought (meant as a compliment), not mention that you used 7/64 rings).
  24. Jeff

Irregular Grid Painter

I use paint for my inlays personally. my largest to date is 10,620 rings (which is about 90% complete). you can also edit the file from the igp if the rings aren't lining up the way you want. the reason I use paint rather than Gimp or photoshop is because it is less advanced so it won't auto ad gradints or feathering and the like also it is much easier to draw things one pixel at a time (or at least on the pixel level) so you don't have to worry much about scaling after the fact and thus distorting the picture).
  25. xbitgeek

Update: got my rings, made a mold and have been closing rings. About to start weaving. The article from Trevor Barker was informative. May have questions once I get to the expansions/contractions but I think I have the general idea. I may add a padding of sorts to the mold to give me an idea of how much I need to add to the mold to accommodate the padding. Thanks again for the help!
  26. MajorThor

Stainless Steel - Black and Plain

After reading their reply I cleared my online cart because those rings were the primary reason why I was placing an order. There's no reason to shop here when they can't maintain their stock.
  27. Agorphia

Anodized Aluminum

Any ETA for SXAA18316silver? Thank you!
  28. Konstantin the Red

So, nine days on, what cheer? The archived Trevor Barker shirt how-to, which copies a very complete 15th-century German shirt (from a historically known Ringharnischer resident in Hamburg, no less (he took out a business license there in 1438)) and demonstrates that making a shirt wasn't terribly involved from a layout viewpoint, is a very good recipe for a shirt that works. Others are possible and many modern maillers have undertaken them, but it seems historical shirts did not stray far from what's in the Trevor Barker. What I draw from the thing is that mailshirts were modular. They seem to have been assembled from an inventory of pre-made rectangles, squares, and expansion arrays, all put together as required when an order was placed. With so much of the prep work done beforehand, producing a shirt to fit a client, either personally present or hypothetical for an armory, was quick -- in the end. Assembling the rectangles, etc., was the slow part. Mailshirt sizing seems about like t-shirt sizing, S/M/L/XL. That's figuring a rather generous value of S/M/L to allow for a padded jacket underneath the shirt -- the other component of mail armor systems. A pullover mailshirt needs its slack so you can first get the durn thing on, then can move with freedom and vigor wearing it -- fighting, you know -- and then the business of getting the shirt off again. This features bending way over and wiggling your butt while dragging at the shirt by the neckhole to get all that metal off over your head and puddled on the ground in front of you. Mail is extremely draggy over any body prominence, especially those covered in absorbent, padded quilting. You need to use gravity's aid.
  29. Myzanaki

Hi, Do you have any ETA on when you may have SCALEAALG-BRONZE Thank You
  1. Load more activity